Tuesday, July 10, 2012

rain, rain go away and a bonus variety show

Wishful thinking on my part.  The rainy season continues through much of September in Ethiopia so we have a bit of a wait until the rain actually does go away.  In the mean time we are trying to be creative with indoor activities, play dates, crafts and taking advantage of the sun when it does peak through the clouds.

I blessed the rains down in Africa

Yesterday we had bit of sun for two hours and the girls had spent the early morning hours getting inspired by The Muppet Show season one (the original which is totally awesome and hilarious).  Adelaide and Arabella decided to put on a variety show for me, Teklu and Eneye.  They set the stage, had costumes, props and  short acts.  I sat there watching, amazed that these two clever little girls were mine.  Moments like that, when your kids amaze you, make it all worth it.  Here are a few videos (the grandparents are going to love this).  The first one is multiple acts, the second is the "Fairy Lost Princess" act and the third is Addie solo. I apologize for my poor video skills, I was holding Ashlynn for much of the performance. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

So awesome.Reminds me of our little bo peep play we put on where you taped cotton balls to my nose and made me baa on cue. Love you and miss you all. wish I'd been there for the performance.