Wednesday, July 11, 2012

it was a battle

but Ashlynn Olivia beat the flu virus.  After a few really heartbreaking days she started to turn around.  I was so thankful to have the Swedish clinic here in Addis Ababa which has a US trained pediatrician on rotation (and cost a fortune in Swedish Crown).  He warned me about the third day of the fever being the worst and he was right.  Luckily she started to turn around and it didn't turn bacterial in her chest or ears.

She was feeling a bit better two days ago but still wasn't smiling.
Yesterday, she ate real meals and was playing without clinging to me.  Then came the smiles we were missing. 


Ashlynn is clapping!  It melts my heart every time I see her do this when music starts to play or just on her own.  She's practicing! When we praise her, she's thoroughly happy with herself.  I love this girl and I love how her big sisters are her biggest fans!

No comments: