Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm published

I'm not going to lie. Having my photographs and story published in the embassy newsletter, The Lion, is a big deal to me!  Front page too folks!  It's encouraging to know that people (other than the obligated family and friends and even fellow bloggers) think my writing is worth reading...and publishing for others to enjoy.  I actually had someone approach me and say they read the article and enjoyed it!  How cool is that?

The piece I did on Salem's of Ethiopia has been revised a bit for publication and some of the best photographs of the design shop are featured in this edition of the newsletter.  This piece spoke to me more than other things I've done and I was especially proud to see how well the pictures reflected my thoughts.  All around it is something I am proud of and it is such a bonus that someone else felt that way about it too.

Anyhow, I'm going to go throw myself a little celebratory party!  Maybe a dance party with my girls followed by some tiny cups of tea with mounds of sugar! Hooray for my first publication!  

6 comments:

Just US said...

Congratulations!! You are a great writer!

Sara said...

Thank you, how nice of you! Can you tell I'm bubbling up with excitement?

Nicol said...

Congrats! That is really exciting!

Melinda Renee said...

WaHOOOOOO!!! *proud grin*

MaricrisG said...

Congratulations! You rock!

@MaricrisG

Anonymous said...

yay congrats!! What a great feeling! I love your writing and hope to keep reading more! ...wow sorry that kind of sounded like one of those spammer comments. But I meant it! I really do think your writing is such a joy to read!