Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
With all the pathetic moaning and groaning going on we were stuck in much of this weekend. Today we were all feeling good enough for a much needed trip out since the cottage fever was kicking in. It's one thing to choose to stay in for a weekend, but to be forced into it is another. We did a lap around the mall, grabbed a light bland lunch, and then drooled (Addie and I drooled, her for different reasons) at all the goodies at World Market. I love, love, love this store. Lately they have much nicer bed and bath goods, have you seen the selection of table linens? Everything is bright and colorful. I'd be happy if I could take home one of each of the whole store. That includes the extensive wine and beer selection. We've been in the market for a nice toy box to house the mountains of toys Addie has accumulated. World Market had the perfect thing. It's a dark wicker storage box with a folding lid, it goes perfect with our decor, fits all of Addie's toys with room to spare, and was only $40!!! Total steal. Did I say I love this place?
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
The cat is out of the bag about our move. I told my management that I will be leaving in April which induced the following reactions (from me)
- panic; how could I quit my job, therefore not contribute to our family income?
- joy; thank goodness I can leave all this mindless repetition behind me!
- second wave of panic; how will a gap in my resume look to future employers when I want to return to the working world?
- excitement; who cares about contributing? We are going on the adventure of a lifetime.
- third wave of panic; this means I will have to promise myself I WILL put on makeup and smart* clothes even if I don't have anywhere to be during the work day. I WILL NOT turn frumpy and eat my childs leftover crust-less PB&Js.
- happiness; I get to stay home with my daughter and explore the world of the stay-at-home motherhood.
Now I get to break the news to my client. More updates about our move later!
*smart (adjective)- dashingly or impressively neat or trim in appearance, as persons, dress, etc.
- socially elegant; sophisticated or fashionable: the smart crowd.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
It's hard to put words to the feelings that radiate so strongly when I hold her in my arms. What a treasure Motherhood is. I just never knew life had something this amazing in store for me. Lucky me.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
As Addie has grown so has her fascination and love for our dog Lucy. Every time she sees Lucy a giant smile spreads across her face. Lucy likes to play with us on the floor (check out that gorgeous quilt Addie's Great Aunt Mary made for her). Addie loves to grab Lucy's fur and tries to get her ball. Lucy is such a sweet gentle dog. She isn't bothered by the tugs and little fists pounding her, she just rolls over and accepts it. When Addie is old enought to throw the ball Lucy will have a new favorite person! For now Lucy sneaks in a few licks of Addie's face after mealtime and seems satisfied with the arrangement. There are a few negative side effects to Addie loving the dog so much. Tonight Justin caught Addie on the floor, having positioned herself just right to reach, Lucy's bone. Right as he caught her the bone went in her mouth, along with a huge smile. I guess she sees Lucy chewing on it so you can't blame her for being curious. I have to chuckle at those things. In a few years Addie is going to have her first best friend in Lucy. Such a sweet relationship is budding before our eyes.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
- I am so glad that college football is done and can't wait for NFL football to be done as well.
- I finally got that scent, Sugar Lychee I've been drooling over from fresh and it is way more complex than I thought. I feel gorgeous wearing it.
- My New Years resolution is to keep the house cleaner. Yesterday I "mopped" the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a roll of paper towels and household cleaner-don't tell my Mother!
- I drink at least 70 ounces of water every day. (Hey-I said it was random)
- Yesterday, at an office Baby Shower I ate 5 Rice Krispie treats and didn't feel guilty.
- My daughter, by far, is the cutest kid at her day care.
- I have not slept for more than 6 uninterupted hours since May 28th 2007.
- During a recent meeting with my colleagues we argued the "realness" of the word projectize. In the words of my dear friend Kathleen "I wanted to cut my arm off and beat myself with it".
- I blow dry my hair on the way to work in my car by blasting the heater and directing the vents at my head.
- I plan on voting D in the election whomever gets nominated.
Something less random is my desire for a project. I decided that once we move to the Philippines I am going to start a sewing project. I sewed minimally when I was younger with my Mom but I will need to re-teach myself and get a sewing machine. I think it will be a fun way to keep myself busy since I don't plan on working when we are in Manila. I haven't completely decided what the project will be. I want to do something simple that I can perfect and give as gifts. I have some inspiration and a vision in my head. One thing I have decided is a brand! So when my product becomes mildly famous or popular you will see my label all over. Those of you who know me will understand the cleverness of it.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008