Tuesday, January 15, 2008

when you're 16, please say you'll still love me?

Everyone knows that Mothers and their daughters have times in their lives when they don't see eye to eye. Usually because they are more similar than they realize and just butt heads. Now that I have my own daughter I would love to avoid having Addie's teen years be full of tension and loathing. So my goal is to create a strong foundation of a relationship with my daughter that will keep us close through all life's good and bad times. I hope to hold on to my memories as a child and adolescent so when the time comes she and I can still have common ground to work with. When she's 16, I may not get so many adoring looks but I hope Addie always knows that her Mother loves her and would do anything for her happiness in life.

It's hard to put words to the feelings that radiate so strongly when I hold her in my arms. What a treasure Motherhood is. I just never knew life had something this amazing in store for me. Lucky me.

1 comment:

Amy Franco said...

Are you still in Batangas??

Amy F.