Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Pretties

My Mother has the biggest and best collection of Christmas pretties you’ve ever seen. She always has a beautiful real tree decorated with an assortment of ornaments old, new, and homemade. At the top is the same angel my sisters and I used to fight over placing on the top bough. She has a huge collection of Santa’s of every shape and size. This year like most other years, Mom tried to cultivate a beautiful variegated poinsettia plant, and this year like every other it looked like it needed to be put out of its misery. She has everything but a green thumb with poinsettias. Every year my Mom goes out of her way to prepare beautiful homemade gift baskets for friends and family filled with goodies. Mom always has mountains of gifts for everyone, carefully wrapped and trimmed with shiny ribbons and adorable little name tags. She loves Christmas and all the preparations that lead up to the season. My Mom has tamed her Christmas decorating over the years for sheer lack of time and help since my sisters and I are away, but she never fails to put on a beautiful Christmas. This year was not unlike all the others. Thank you Mom, for always making Christmas magical.

No comments: