Sunday, January 27, 2013

picnic with Ethiopian coffee

The girls gifted this little soccer ball as we left.  
We drove Megan to the Bethel Women's Center a few days after Christmas.  We've picnicked here a few times.  Last time we were here the girls had their first experience with a pottery wheel.  It was a gorgeous day to get out of Addis.  Megan and I packed a cooler complete with a beer for Justin and little pink water bottles full of whiskey sours for Megan and I (I ended up drinking both of them-I guess Meg isn't into afternoon cocktails).
The best part of the picnic was introducing Megan to a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceremony.  My sister is not a coffee drinker (which is absolutely nuts).  All the Ethiopian coffee in this country was kind of lost on her during her visit.  But I really wanted her to taste it and see the coffee ceremony.  She liked it and watching the beans roast and get crushed and then boiled added to the experience!



No comments: