Thursday, June 17, 2010

a whole new level of play

Addie mastered no small feat the other day. She changed her Barbie doll's dress all by herself! This may seem like ridiculous thing to get excited about, but it opens up a whole new world for her individual play. Before, whenever she wanted to play with her Barbies or baby dolls she would have me change their clothes. Now she can sit and make-up play worlds for her dolls and get them dressed without any help. It's definitely a new level of independence for her. She's really proud to do it herself.

I loved Barbie dolls when I was a girl and still do as an adult so I don't mind playing with her. Although, I've noticed when I do get down and play with her, I tend to direct her play or she insists on me making up key aspects of the game or fantasy world the Barbies are living in. Now she can let her little imagination run wild without my injections. When I stopped in to photograph this amazing little Barbie corner she had created, the dolls were all sitting down to watch a movie.

Ariel, the doll laying on the bed in the black and white polka dotted number is her favorite by far. Ariel always gets the best dress and a primo spot to sleep.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay for Addie! I look forward to when Riley can dress her baby dolls by herself.