Thursday, June 24, 2010

sleep walking

The girls and I were bleary eyed when we got back to my parents' house yesterday. Addie was bound and determined to check out every square inch of the house and yard before bed time. She did not stop to take a nap for the rest of the day. Bella was so tired and woozy from the flights that she couldn't walk straight. It didn't stop her from swinging on the swing set at Grammy and Grandpa's house. Addie almost fell asleep in her dinner plate. She ate two bites and asked to be excused. She fell immediately asleep on the couch. She woke up screaming an hour later in a night terror state. I finally got her calmed down and in bed at 6:30 PM. Bella went down at the same time. Both girls were extremely over tired and I knew I was in for a rough night of fitful sleeping. Both girls woke up scared; not knowing where they were. Addie was hungry at 11:30 PM. I woke hungry at 3:30AM and Bella woke up every few hours screaming. It's always fun getting used to a new time zone and sleeping environment all at the same time. Bella came in to bed with me at 6:30 AM and fell back to sleep. I was up at 7:15 AM but the girls kept on sleeping. Bella finally woke up at 10:30 AM and I had to wake Addie at 11 AM. I have no idea how many hours total they slept since they were awake often during the night but that's some pretty good sleeping.

No comments: