Monday, June 14, 2010

Godspeed Medela

I'm going on three and a half days now without pumping. No pain, no engorgement, no clogged ducts; I don't want to speak too soon but I think I'm done! I am so happy to pack up my double electric Medela that has been squatting on the counter next to my pumping chair for the past year. Heck, now it's not my pumping chair but just a nice chair that I could do other things in, like sit and read maybe, or crochet a blanket. Amazing! I'm really proud to be done nursing my second daughter after 13 plus months. It's such a huge undertaking for a long period of time and I am so glad to be done for a long while.

Adios plastic hooter horns, you will not be missed.

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Is it wrong that I am jealous of this post as I sit here pumping at 4:00 am?
One of these days, I will be able to say those magic words....no more medela! Hooray!

Sara said...

Oh dear! I know that feeling oh so well. I had a night light next to my pump chair so I'd sit there at 1AM pumping reading by night light. I'm sad to admit I pumped at night until Bella was at least 9 months old. Keep on Elyse, the months go by so fast! Sooner than you know it Carson will be drinking cow's milk too!

Terry said...

You crochet?
XOXO