Friday, April 10, 2009

to shave or not to shave*

This seems to be the question for a lot of extremely pregnant women I have known and heard of. There seems to be two distinctive camps with differing views on the issue. There is the camp of women who for the last few weeks of their pregnancy shave their legs every day in fear that they will go in to labor with prickly legs and be mortified that their doctors will feel said prickly legs. Then there is the camp that doesn't shave their legs for the last month or two because, well frankly, they can't reach or see their legs. I proudly fall in the later camp. For weeks now I haven't been able to come up with a good game plan for how I would safely shave my legs. I've had visions of toppling over in the shower or falling backward over the edge of the bath with my legs in the air. So I just gave up. To be honest I don't care if my doctor feels prickly legs and I really doubt that he would even notice. Anyway, this was the way things were until today. I shamefully admit that I succumbed to the shaving. I ever-so-carefully discovered a way to get it done. But for the record it wasn't for the doc, it's with my hubby in mind whom I miss dearly. So Justy, this was my gift to you.

*No pictures of my shaved or unshaven pregnant legs will be posted on this blog-EVER.

1 comment:

Megan said...

HEHEHEHEHEH! This post made me laugh. I'm not pregnant yet I still have this debate with myself. my record this year is about 1.5 months.