Sunday, April 19, 2009

Heathman tea

Saturday, my Mom treated my sister Emily and I to high tea at the Heathman hotel in downtown Portland for my birthday. It's the first thing I have done without my daughter since we've arrived in Washington. Grandpa had babysitting duty and I felt like a free woman for two hours. It was wonderful. We all got to catch up on Emily and my adventures in life. The tea and the food was delicious. The scones with mascarpone cheese and homemade marshmallows were amazing. We sat in a quiet but beautifully decorated room and enjoyed the afternoon. It was the most civilized thing we have done, probably ever. We even put on some pretty jewelry for the occasion. It was the best time I've had in a long time.

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Sounds like a perfect girls afternoon! Donna

Kristin said...

I like your necklace!