Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Phew...two and a half

Addie's two and a half and going on 17. She's mastered the phrase " I don't want to!". She can be pretty demanding so we have to remind her that rule number one is manners, all the time. She's giving up her nap. She needs it and I have to force her to take one sometimes but she whole heartily refuses most of the time. It takes the patience of a saint to manage it all at times. She's so wonderful and pleasant most of the time. She loves playing make-believe and making crafts with all the new craft supplies she received from Christmas. She adores dress-up and changes outfits or costumes a million times a day. I have to keep my cool when she asks for one dress but then changes her mind the moment we get it on. She's just asserting her independence...strongly. She's very articulate now and I love hearing the sentences that come out of her mouth, especially when she is playing with herself and talking to her dolls or animals. She says the funniest things. She's fully potty trained now with the occasional accident here and there. I still have to remind her to go but it's a relief that she's not pooping in her underwear any more. Last night she got herself on the potty and went without asking or requiring any help. Breakthrough! I'd love to say I had a magic method for potty training but I didn't. In fact, she really just decided she was ready finally. She still gets a little chocolate when she poops on the potty. She's a chocolate girl like her Mama!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So happy to hear she's fully potty trained. What an accomplishment! And I feel you with the nap time issue...happens for me once in awhile!

Unknown said...

Wow, she is getting so big so fast! I remember when she was not even crawling when you were in VA. Miss you! ~Heather