Saturday, January 9, 2010

Filipino breakfast

I adore breakfast. I adore buffet breakfast even more. Every morning while we were in Boracay we got an early start at the buffet with the girls. Addie wanted the pancakes and hot dogs, Bella had rice cereal and mangoes with banana, my choice for breakfast made me realize just how native I have gone! I used to balk at the ridiculousness of eating rice and chicken/pork/fish for breakfast in the Philippines. This trip to Boracay I couldn't wait for the garlic rice and chicken tocino or pork longganisa. Pair that with mangoes and fried eggs and its a breakfast you can't beat. Megan and I joke that I have a tape worm right now (a twenty pound blond toothless tapeworm). I'm still pumping every three to four hours and it's really taking it's toll. I can't eat enough food right now. I loved the all you can eat buffet breakfast because it allowed me pig out so I wouldn't be so hungry before lunch. Here's an example of my breakfast on any given morning: garlic rice, chicken or pork sausage, fried egg, a pancake, mango, bowl of cereal, cup of coffee, and two glasses of juice. Then I was ready for a smoothie at 10:30 AM. No joke. It's crazy.

No comments: