Tuesday, January 5, 2010

in transit and arrival

As the crow flies, Boracay is not far from Manila. Too bad we aren't birds. To get from our house to the resort at the beach we did the following: took a taxi to the airport, 45 minute flight from Manila to Kalibo, 1.5 hour bus ride to Clatican, 5 minute van ride to the dock, 15 minute boat ride from Clatican to Boracay, 15 minute van ride to the Sea Wind Resort. Phew! Luckily the girls were on their best behavior. I was extremely concerned about traveling with Bella, who has proved NOT to be a chill baby. She completely surprised me this trip by being wonderful! She fell asleep in my arms on the long bus ride, it took a bit of a fight but she finally gave in. Everyone was tired and hungry when we arrived at the resort. I was relieved! The resort was much more relaxed and beachy than the previous place we stayed. We liked it a a lot. Everything about the place felt chill and comfortable. The place was family owned and we love it. When we arrived it was lunchtime so we ate and then had plenty of time to discover our surroundings. We couldn't wait to get on the beach.

Addie just wanted to run and was glad she wasn't in a van/bus/plane/boat. The resort had a great little play area.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a hassle to get there, but I'm sure it was worth it! And I'd like to know what my brother has on his feet! I know what to get him for his birthday...some flip flops!

Terry said...

Whoa, glad you took that close up of JT, from that one shot I thought Trey went with you guys. :)
XOXO,