Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 1: the first afternoon in Paris


Day 1
After landing in CDG and making my way to immigration, baggage claim, the airport shuttle and then the RER train to the city, transferring to a Metro line and walking to the right address-I found the apartment and I only  had to ask about a dozen people for assistance.  But every single person was friendly and helpful and not too upset I don’t speak a lick of French.  French people are super nice-no matter what people normally say about them being rude. 
Sunny and I are reunited and it’s wonderful to talk and wander around.  We walked the Seine and stopped for lunch.  The sky was moody and grey.  I snapped a few photos before the rain came.
Lunch: Espresso-yuck, not very good.  Camembert cheese and bread with a ham crepe and salad.  Awesome!  Sunny had a salad topped with warm goat cheese on toasted baguette.  Delicious.  I’m in food heaven.
After getting rained and hailed on the sun came out along with a rainbow.  We saw the Musee d’Orsay, Jardin de Tuleries, Louvre, Effeil Tower.  
rainbow in Paris
Jardin de Tuleries
We stopped for macaroons and ate cheese every chance I could get.  The lock bridge was interesting.  It's a pedestrian bridge where people are hanging locks symbolizing love.  It's turned into urban art.  I especially liked the lovey-dovey ones.  
Lock bridge
famous Laduree macaroons
gorgeous spring flowers

No comments: