Monday, April 9, 2012

flowers in Addis Ababa




I never thought my home in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia would be full of fresh flowers every day.  I love all the local flowers I can buy inexpensively at the grocery stores here.  Orange is my new favorite color.  I went a little nutty over those orange roses.  The best part is that the roses all smell garden grown.  Wonderfully fragrant.  And the lilies fill the entire first floor with their fragrance when they open up.  Some open pink and some open white.  You never know until they slowly open.  

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Hey! Happy Palm Sunday and Easter. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures you recently posted. Looks like you all are enjoying Addis -:). Those flowers are gorgeous and the girls are beautiful. I love their pink Easter dresses.