Sunday, November 21, 2010

linen love

I'm a little obsessed with table linens these days. A pretty Thanksgiving table is the ultimate goal. I don't want it too matchy matchy but along the same color tones. Get my drift? Last year I picked up the hand embroidered cream place mats with the zig zag.

This year I couldn't pass up the beige/mauve square plates I found at the bazaar (8 plates for $16-I'm kicking myself for not getting 12). They are microwave and dishwasher safe and can be used for numerous seasons. I love them!

But my love for table linens wasn't quenched last year. This year I wanted to experiment with the tablecloth/runner look with two runners running across the short length of the table. The beige is really versatile but coordinates well with the pumpkin napkins I found (sad there was only 4 but for $1 each oh well). Anyway, should I use the place mat as pictured here or just use the runner under the plates? Do the zig zags work with the floral on the plates? Is it too much? What do you think? I need advice. It's not like I'm hosting a dinner party of 20 but still. If you aren't going to have a pretty table set for Thanksgiving, then when are you?

4 comments:

Terry said...

When you are dealing with neutrals all patterns work. The zig-zag works fine with the floral...the placemat looks fine with the runner. I don't think the tablecloth is really neccesary with both runner and placemat, but that is just my taste. You can do whaever you want, that's the nice thing about being the hostess.
XOXO
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Heather P. said...

Love the linens, beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving to you all -:).

Sara said...

Sadly, a tablecloth is necessary for our ugly embassy issue table. I agree with you Terry on not needing it with all the rest. If only the table was pretty. Instead we have this ugly pad thing we have to use. Some day I'll have my own table. Thanks for the thoughts!

Bfiles said...

I think it looks lovely! I have a thing about bedding that seems like your table linens thing..