Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gown making 2010: step 3 sigh in relief

Things were looking up at the third fitting for my gown today. They got the cowl seam all wrong at the shoulder but it's a quick fix. The wast line is going to come to point in the middle and the sleeves will have a nice little pad to add structure like you see here. They nipped a bit at my natural waist to make me look a little curvier (yay!) and we are sewing in the tiny little cups at the chest to give me some artificial curves up top (heaven knows I need it). All in all I love the color and it's looking good. As always, I feel kind of silly for being worried last week. Frankie always comes through.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Much better!
XOXO

Bfiles said...

well I didn't think it looked bad last time but I'm no fashionista. But it looks great now! can't wait to see the final version!!