Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Voodoo Doughnut

My dad and I ventured to Voodoo Doughnut in Portland tonight to try, for our very first time, the doughnuts that have become legend in this city. They were pretty amazing and the combinations were really interesting. I love that they sprinkle flavored drink powders on the frosting. Genius! Dad with his maple bacon bar that was nothing less than perfection. We ended up in line to buy a second one to bring home to Mom.They displayed the doughnuts they had available in the spinning display case.Pictured here is the voodoo doll doughnut complete with pretzel stake in the heart, maple bacon bar, lemon chiffon cruller, tangfastic (Tang drink powder dusted on top), and old dirty bastard (chocolate peanut butter with Oreo on top-very, very dirty).The magic truly is in the hole!
The list of doughnuts and prices. A bit pricey for some of them but they are huge doughnuts! Definitely worth the stop if you are in Portland! Open 24 hours!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! They've really remodeled since we moved away from Portland 7 months ago! It used to literally be a hole-in-the-wall that only allowed abut 8 people in the actual "shop" and there would be a line out the door and around the corner. My favorite is the oreo one--I can't remember the name of it. Yum! Another place I'll have to visit this fall!

Megan said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could have come with. That maple bacon bar looks fantastic!

Sara said...

This isn't the original shop on 3rd Ave. that you are talking about Jess. This is the second shop they opened on Davis. They also just opened one in Eugene!

Terry said...

Do they deliver?

Rachel said...

MMMMM is all I can say!