Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

I had Addie saying "I'm proud to be an American" and "I'm an American" today over and over to get ready for Independence Day. We got Old Navy red, white and blue for the girls to wear to the real Fourth of July cook-out at Talina and Pete's house this evening. There were ribs, cheese burgers, baked beans, and watermelon. It doesn't get much more American than that. The girls sat on the beautiful lawn, played with the dogs, and ran around in the drive way and quiet street they live on in small town America. It was a sweet way to celebrate. Good friends and family enjoying the beautiful summer night. We missed the fireworks because my sleeping beauties were ready to crash at 7PM. Now I'm cursing at the unnecessarily loud fire crackers the neighbors are setting off that will inevitably wake my daughters from their slumber.
Happy 4th everyone!

No comments: