Monday, March 1, 2010

One more week

Justin's away for another week (this time Canberra, Australia). Hopefully the last for awhile. Once again, I took a risk by taking the girls out to eat by myself this weekend. This time pizza lunch. The girls were wonderful; a bit messy and adorably talkative but all in all we had a great meal on Sunday. We're all bummed that Justin had to go away again so soon. We were still excited about his return from the last trip (you can see both girls using their Dad as a jungle gym-which is a regular occurrence not just because he had been gone). Addie has woken up the past two mornings asking if Daddy is home yet and then when I tell her "not yet" she starts talking about how sad she is. It's truly very sad. The key is to stay busy and I give both girls extra snuggles and loves while Dad is away.We took the little blow up pool outside the other day and then filled it up in my bathroom yesterday afternoon (so I could be the ultimate lazy Mom and not have to get myself in my bathing suit. Our pizza lunch took every last ounce of energy I had in me that day).Yaya helped Addie make a blanket fort with the couch today and she asked for photos to be taken of their masterpiece. You can see she has no problem smiling for a photo when she's requested it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure the week will fly by for you guys! At least he's not in the Navy and leaving you for 6 months at a time! Love you all!!

Elyse said...

Those back to back trips are brutal on the whole family! Hang in there and enjoy those girls! ;)