Monday, March 29, 2010

purple craze

There's a whole lot of love for purple in our house these days. Adelaide (when she wears clothes) insists on wearing a dress. God forbid I suggest she wears a t-shirt and shorts. Lately she only wants to wear this one purple dress Justin brought home from Indonesia last year. We have to tell her it's dirty sometimes just to get her to choose a different dress for school. Generally I have no problem letting her choose her own clothing. There are plenty of other more important battles raging on a daily basis. I have no desire to make her attire another one. School is out for Easter break this week so we met up with friends Sunny and Stella for some little girl mani/pedis and cupcakes. Tiger and Bella stayed home with Yayas to nap (yay for Yaya). Addie and Stella held hands and chattered away in their best friend way they do when they love one another. It can really go either way; either they love one another or they fight like they are trying to decide who's the alpha female. Both girls got their fingers and toes painted. Adelaide, of course, chose purple, Stella wanted blue. The ladies at the nail shop got a kick out of painting little flowers and butterflies on their toes. For a treat Adelaide chose a cupcake with purple icing. She was in heaven! I was just thinking how lucky these little girls are to have such cool Mommies. I don't think I had my first pedicure until I was at least 18.

No comments: