Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fancy girls

Daddy brought back a copy of Fancy Nancy by Jane Oconnor for Adelaide. We read it for the first time a few weeks back at the book store. I fell in love with the story! I knew of Fancy Nancy the brand without ever having read the book. The story is so sweet. I love that Nancy is just a regular girl who loves to fancy up her outfits and bedroom with baubles, sequins, boas, hats, feathers, and scarves. She's distraught that her boring family is plain so she gives them a little seminar on how to be fancy. Her family and her get all fancied up and go to the local pizza parlor for dinner and order parfaits (fancy word for ice cream sundaes). I love Nancy's obsession with using French words in place of boring English words. Anyhow, Addie and I read it again the other day during some quiet time (no more naps for this girl). Right away Addie wanted to get fancied up. Bella and I followed suit. Here we are, all fancied up. Addie was a bit moody for the photo. The other adorable story that we have been reading at bedtime is Eloise by Kay Thompson. Another adorable book that I'd never read. I'm excited that Addie's old enough now to read some of these fun books for little girls. She gets a little upset when Eloise's baby doll Sabine has to go to the hospital but laughs at the parts with Weenie the dog. Oh my Lord, this book is fun fun fun.

No comments: