Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 years of wedding bliss

June 26 we celebrated our third wedding anniversary. Aida watched Addie so we could get dressed up and go out to dinner. Apartment 1B is my new favorite restaurant within walking distance from the house. I had the poached salmon and Justin had the herb-crusted tuna. I'm enjoying wine again now that our baby girl is drinking whole milk (I'm free!). It's so wonderful to drink a glass of wine with dinner, although one glass was all it took for me to feel loopy. We finished the meal off with a vanilla cream filled crepe. It was nice going out alone. We walked back home, ran through Addie's bedtime routine, then snuck off to Blue Mountain for a couples spa package and left Aida instructions to listen for Addie. Justin and I were like teenagers who's parents have finally let them use the car. We couldn't help but feel giddy about spending some quality time alone. Quality time it was. We spent two and a half hours at the spa: in the sauna, jacuzzi, getting a body scrub, and then an hour Swedish Aromassage. It was so relaxing. We are definitely going back. The spa will be our anniversary special and maybe any other holiday like birthday's, St. Patrick's Day, Earth Day. I can't get enough of the spa, it's heaven.
I had to reminice about our wedding in Kauai especially since my best friend, Talina is getting married tomorrow at home and I'm going to miss it.

No comments: