Wednesday, October 7, 2009

masterpiece in progress

It's Ball season! I went to Frankie de Leon in August to start working on my dress. I had a vision in mind and as you can see it's evolving into a really cool gown. I love the teal irridencent taffeta. I sat down with Frankie on our first meeting and told him what I wanted. He drew me a sketch! Every week or so I go in for a fitting. Next week or the next I should get to take it home. There are a few things that still need some work but for the most part it's fitting and looking just like I had pictured. I love that I can have a dress made here unlike any I would ever buy in the States. Definitely a perk of being in the Philippines. Stay tuned for the final product

I also had Frankie alter my yellow gown from last year. He removed the maternity band thing that was over my belly since I was pregnant with Arabella last Ball season. I may get to wear it again if we decide to go to both the Marine Ball and the Consular Ball. Oooh! what fun. Frankie does all sorts of great gowns. Some of the wedding gowns I see in the shop are amazing. Bead work is huge in the Philippines. Brides want it over the top sparkly. Not my style but it's still amazing to see. I'm sorting out in my head what I want done next by my new buddy Frankie. I want a cocktail dress and I have an old bridesmaid dress that could use some shortening and de-poofing. I think Frankie's my man!
These photos were taken September 18th. Yikes, I was a bit worried at first. Side note. The little Filipino ladies cannot take a photo with my camera. You should have seen their faces when I held out my Nikon to them asking for a picture! HA! Gotta love the haircut that has turned out to be wash-n-wear even if it wasn't intended for that. Who has time for a hair dryer these days?
These photos are from today! It's come along way. Still not done though, too much ruching at the bottom for me. I wanted graduated ruching...any girl would, right?This side photo makes me laugh because last visit (Justin deleted those pics of the dress), my booty was on total display, more so than here. This is a significant improvement from the last version. God knows it's one of my most prominent features so lets not put it out there more than necessary.
I was instructed to bring my shoes next time. Poor me has to go shoe shopping now! I';m thinking gold. I'd also love to find some awesome earrings to top off the look. Etsy here I come.

4 comments:

Megan said...

If your booty is your most prominent feature does that make mine an uncontrollable growth? Love the dress and the pics.

Leaders are like Ninjas... said...

It's beautiful! Just like you!

pdxkatie said...

Love it! Love it!

Rachel said...

Must be nice living the high life and having all these gorgeous dresses made for you!! I love the color and can't wait to see the final product!