Thursday, August 6, 2009

time for school

One of the first lines in Disney's "Finding Nemo" keeps running through my head this week: "time for school, time for school, time for school...". Thursday was Adelaide's first day of school at the toddler AmeriKids program. There are five other two year olds in her three day a week class. She is already friends with two of the kids so that made her very comfortable. We bought a box for her personal items and decorated it the day before to get ready. Justin and I dropped her off on Thursday morning and waited a bit for her to feel ok with Teacher Weng and Teacher Connie (two very sweet Filipino ladies). There were no tears when we parted. In fact I asked for a kiss and hug goodbye with which she responded by walking to the play kitchen. I took that as a sign that she was fine and so we both left. She was ecstatic to see me when I picked her up so that always warms my heart. I heard lots of stories about what she did at school and who she played with. I am so proud of her. My big girl.

2 comments:

Melinda Renee said...

Tried to comment on FB, it didn't like me.

How cute!!! Did you cry? I know I would! She's so grown up!

Emily Joy said...

Yeah for addie, in school already, have fun! So funny the car play structure in your last blog picture is the same one i have in my class here...:)