Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bella my jelly bean

I adore my new daughter. When she gazes at me and coos it melts my heart. She can be a source of anxiety for me too though. The past week or so she's been extreemly difficult to soothe, so much so that we took her to her pediatrician to see if she had an ear infection or was teething early. She has a clean bill of health with the exception of some gas (what baby doesn't have gas that makes them uncomfortable though). When it comes down to it Bella has just plain exhausted. Over-tired, over-stimulated and fussy. She goes to bed about 6 or 6:30 PM and sleeps until 6AM with a feeding or two in the night but during the day, nap times are a struggle. Anyway, I focused on getting her naps today before she was over-tired and she fell asleep easier and took more naps today. She was a joy all day. Her play time was very focused. She's been rolling herself over by grabbing something and pulling herself over. She now focuses on toys, grabs them with her hands and puts them to her mouth (this is way earlier than Addie for both milestones-or at least it seems that way). She smiles and coos and loves to kick and move around. Amazing how she's growing so fast.

No comments: