Saturday, September 10, 2011

checking in

Life has been pretty busy for us lately. We quickly settled in to our rental home in Arlington. It's was nice to make it our home in such a short period of time. I guess that comes from moving often. We love the neighborhood. Last night all the girls who live in the homes around us made a huge hopscotch game in the street. Adelaide is in heaven with all the new kids. Preschool starts on Monday, we attended an open house and parent meeting last week. Addie told me she thought the class was too crowded and I have to agree. All the parents and siblings of the classmates made the open house feel chaotic. We weathered the hurricane with a short power outage and then this past week day after day of heavy rain that caused a power outage and flooded the basement. Not awesome but we are managing. Thank God our consumables haven't been purchased yet and stored down there.

The girls and I are loving the freedom of walking to the park or driving to the store during the day. We've visited every grocery store in the area just because we can.

I'm savoring every second we have in America! Taking over all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, and shopping is wonderful. There are moments when I miss Cora and it's mostly when I realize that my expectations for myself to keep everything in order are way off base; especially this pregnant. After having things done a certain way for three years it's hard to realize that I can't possibly do it all by myself 9 months pregnant. It's a sad realization every time it comes to me. But you better believe I'm doing the best I can.

Here are some cute photos of the girls in our new place. We started baking again immediately!

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Your girls are so precious! Glad you are enjoying being home -:).