Tuesday, October 26, 2010

butterflies and botanical gardens

The Otago Museum (in Dunedin) had a wonderful children's exhibit complete with a butterfly sanctuary. We walked into the warm muggy room and immediately felt at home. The cold weather was kicking out butts.Angus joined us at the museum! He and I look like we could be siblings. Whoot whoot for the family jaw and nose!!! My arms are going to fall off.
We let Arabella take a nap at our apartment (hard to call that place a hotel) before we spent the afternoon at the botanical gardens. It was an exceptional park. There is a rose garden, duck pond, rhododendron dell, playground, herb garden and lots and lots of walking paths. The girls ran around and we all breathed in the fresh air. Sometimes I feel a tinge of guilt seeing the girls in a park like this one. How is it that my three year old has never fed old bread to ducks or held a gorgeous pink bloom in her hand? I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be in a gorgeous green flower garden after living in Manila. We could have spent all day walking around. The rain clouds came and we made a run for a covered stage area to wait out the rain. A little dance party was the perfect way to spend our time waiting. Daddy provided the beat.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are such fun parents. I don't remember ever having dance parties with my parents. I better have babies soon before I get too old for dance parties! Love your outfit BTW!