Saturday, March 6, 2010

legs crossed and all

We catch Adelaide with her legs crossed all the time. It cracks me up because it's such a grown-up thing to do and here she is not even three years old, just munching on her grilled cheese sandwich (probably the best thing on the planet you could put in your mouth-find me one normal human who doesn't love a grilled cheese). This look on her face tells me she knows I am taking her picture and she's kind of pleased that I am.

We made it through our week without Dad. This week was much easier, which just goes to show you that when you get used to having someone gone, you compensate. Sucks-but totally true. I'm thinking of all the families I know who have one parent separated from the rest of the family for a year or more. My God how terrible! Bella has be teething again so I'm so exhausted I'm on the verge of getting sick. Last night I was in tears in her room at 1:30AM, begging her to stop fussing and in turn let me sleep. It was about 2:30AM by the time I fell into a deep sleep. Addie was in bed with me at 4:00AM. Luckily we had a date with friends to walk to Krispy Kreme for a doughnut after lunch (I needed the sugar to mix with my cup of joe I had earlier). The day flew by with naps and our doughnut date and then the pool, another nap, dinner, walking Lucy (and petting every dog at the park making all the Yaya's days), then baths and sweet Jesus silence!

My friend Jenny confirmed something for me that I had a pretty good idea about. She and her boys made our day with all the fun we had together (their Daddy is out of town too). The kids love spending time together and Addie adores Jenny's 5 year old son. There was lots of hand holding and laughing and little kid jokes being made. I love what makes kids laugh! Anyhow, after we got to Krispy Kreme, Jenny commented "Wow, you guys really draw a lot of attention when you are out together!" It was funny hearing it from someone else because I guess I try not to notice so much any longer. Walking around with my two girls (all three of us with blonde hair, two pretty little girls) is like I have a sign on my forehead that says "Please annoy the crap out of me by getting in our faces and talking to and or touching my kids". It's really unreal. Adelaide is like Suri Cruise; same fashionista style but prettier and just as much of a superstar tot in the Philippines. It just gets weird sometimes.

Speaking of weird. Well, not weird but unusual for me. As I was walking Lucy dragging both girls with me this evening I was stopped by a jogger. A European man, possibly Scandinavian (nice looking and young-for a minute there I thought "HA! I'm almost 30 and I still got IT"-then I remembered that I am a harried looking Mom and at the moment a pack mule with Bella in the Bijorn, Addie in the stroller and a little black dog getting dragged around while I yell at her to poop so we can go home. Clearly this guy is stopping me for another reason). He asks me if I am the author of the blog Our Yuppie Life. To which I am taken aback but, why yes, I am the author. I'm sure he could sense my questioning eyes and before I could form a question he quickly told me that he had Googled a local location by it's title and third on the list down was one of my blog entries as a top search result. He saw the family photo in the entry, then saw me (looking rather similar with the Bijorn on) and the girls walking and put two and two together. He mentioned that he's moved here for a short term work project and blah, blah, blah, it was nice to meet you, good luck, and good night. Definitely a first! I got home and Googled the location and sure enough there we are. I decided you will be reading much more creative blog titles from now on.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That is crazy!! You are sorta famous now!

Rachel said...

This made me think of the movie "Julie & Julia." Maybe your next!!
And I love that Addie sits with her legs crossed...what a girly girl. I don't know what having one of those is like!!