Friday, October 30, 2009

a French guy won me over

When I was about 14, I remember Mom and I were eating bagels and soup at the Nordstrom's cafe when an older couple came over to our table and commented on how lovely my cornsilk hair was and asked could they possibly touch it. My Finnish/German genes blessed me with blonde hair (extra blessing on the blonde leg hair). Hair dressers comment on how people pay for my hair color and oh how they wished they could bottle my color and sell it...blah, blah, blah. Well the golden train has left the station for me. A sad byproduct of carrying, birthing, and nursing my two beautiful girls, is that the golden luster has left my hair ashy, my skin looks dull, and my belly is no longer worthy of seeing the sun. Lucky for me there are millions of miracle creams to moisturize my skin and I have a drawer full of one piece bathing suits. I had not touched my hair until today.

A horrific eyebrow tinting experience back in 2003 had left me terrified to dye my hair in the worry that I'd look even more like a Russian whore then I did after that spa treatment. I was also nervous (being one of like maybe 25 natural blondes in the Philippines) to ask a Filipino to give me highlights because it seemed like a disaster in the making. My girlfriend Sunny (also one of the blondes) recommended me to Philippe's so I called and made an appointment with Philippe himself. My nerves melted away as he flipped my hair around, took a look at an old photo of me at our engagement party and said "You're going to love it". This guy is super French, a.k.a super stylish, conceited, and sexy (he's not gay). What girl wouldn't feel confident in his salon chair? The end results: perfection. My hair looks like my hair did before the girls. Thank you Philippe!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your hair looks fabulous and your outfit is cute too!! Leggings are so comfy.

Sara said...

dude. I'm German... where the hell are my awesome legs and hair??? Ha! and coincidentally, the verfication word is: relativei... maybe its a hint i should ask them.