Wednesday, October 8, 2008

busy being a big girl

I am constantly amazed at the speed at which Addie is learning new things. She loves to mimic her Mommy no matter what I am doing. Today we sat and flipped through magazines looking for pictures of dogs and cats. She squeals when she finds one! She got into my wallet coin purse and took all the coins out and one by one put them back in while counting them (although every number sounded like "two"). We had a picnic for snack time complete with a blanket and puppy. I had some mail to address so I sat down at the table and Addie insisted that she get a chair next to me and a pen and paper as well. She sat "working" with me for a good hour. By the end as you can see she had her own wallet and cards to play with. I guess someone can get use out of all my old Metro cards. After that we got out books. In one book of first words she pointed at the clock on the page then up to the clock on our wall. She's taken to hiding things. The cookies get under the couch, her milk behind the cushions, Lucy's ball hides under almost anything. At dinner she ate her pancit and lumpia (traditional Filipino cuisine) with a fork. And that was all in one day. It's amazing and I wonder why I'm tired at the end of the day. She's non-stop!

No comments: