Sunday, May 9, 2010

A very happy Mommy's Day

Mother's Day was so much fun this year! Justin and Addie (with a little moral support from Bella) made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast as a surprise for me. They were from scratch! My husband knows this is the key for me. He found a recipe, had Addie help mix the ingredients and added just enough love to make them delicious. They were honestly, the best pancakes I've ever tasted! That, and a cup of the best whole bean coffee I've tasted in a long time, was a superb way to start off Mother's Day. Addie presented me with a decorated envelope containing a gift certificate for my favorite spa as well as chocolates from Chocolate Fire! Perfection. I took the girls to the pool while Justin went to the office for some immediate fire extinguishing (there's always something you know?). But it was quick and harmless and the pool was cool and lovely in the heat. After Arabella's afternoon nap we met friends for dinner. Addie and Stella are bosom buddies and keep each other highly entertained. Tiger and Bella are the same age and it's fun to see their milestones match up pretty succinctly. We love hanging out with them because the result is always extreme cuteness with the kids. I finished off the perfect day with a facial at Blue Mountain thanks to my lovely gift certificate. I love my girls and I love being a Mom!My unintentional big hair made bigger by the sun halo. Addie picks out her Dad's clothes these days. He tried to steer her towards a simpler shirt but she insisted on the Hawaiian. My dog loving girls!

2 comments:

The Gunning Family said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice day!

Terry said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am so glad both your girls love dogs. They get me and more like me everyday. :)
XOXOXO,