Monday, December 28, 2009

The aftermath

I love the wind-down period after Christmas. Lazy days hanging out at home, letting the kids play with their toys and taking showers late in the morning. It's taken me awhile to come down from the Christmas stress plateau. I blame that characteristic on my Mother. There's just lots for a Mom/wife to do for the holidays. I'm not saying that the Dad/husbands don't prepare for the holidays but for the most part the baking/shopping/wrapping/shipping/photo taking/organizing/planning falls on my shoulders. On one hand I love it all and that's why I do it but on the other hand it's tough to accomplish with two little kiddos. Thank goodness Justin made me more than a few mugs of hot cocoa this year and forced me to sit down and watch our Christmas movies in the evenings!

The best part of the aftermath is watching Addie and Bella with their news toys! So much fun.
Bella with her new lovie (I am hoping she falls in love with it so I have to order another*fingers crossed*)Me and the girls with pink tutus on Princess birthday partyCinderella edition of Pretty Pretty PrincessOne seriously cool Dad who plays this girlie game with his daughter (he said he felt like Elton John and sang us "Tiny Dancer"

No comments: