Monday, August 4, 2008

Greenhills

Last Sunday, Justin and Addie had an entire day of Daddy-Daughter time. They played, took a walk, went to the mall and shared ice cream, had lunch, the works. By the end of the day Addie had fallen in love with her Dad all over again. Monday morning she didn't want to let him go to work. It was precious. The best part was that I got some girl time at Greenhills. Myself and 5 other women spent the day at Greenhills, a shopping center that should be described more like a bazaar or a discount extravaganza. The entire shopping center is set up with little stalls or cubes where vendors sell everything from handmade pillow cases, knock-off jeans, pottery, jewelry, and lots more. We had two things in mind. The pearls and the knock-off handbags. The pearls in the Philippines are real, gorgeous, amazingly abundant, and cheap. There must be 60 vendors with gobs and gobs of strands of pearls all wanting you to buy. South Sea pearls, black pearls, freshwater, Keishi pearls, you name it they have it. It was fantastic. Some so cheap that I could literally give Addie a few strands for her future dress-up box. The next stop was the handbag section. Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chloe, Coach, Gucci, and many more brands were piled high and dangling in our faces just begging us to give them a good home. I decided against the dirt cheap, poor quality knock-offs and spent a bit more on a really nice quality one. This is as close as I'm going to get to owning a real Coach bag. The real one (here) is out of my price range at a ridiculous $400. I purchased mine for one eighth the price of the original. This wont be my last trip to Greenhills.

1 comment:

Melinda Renee said...

Did you know that there are Coach outlets?! Stephen and Andy both got their girlfriends things from there- I was so proud... Mom and I said "We taught them well."

NKOTB is playing in Tacoma- I think of you every time I go by the Dome.

XOXO