Thursday, May 22, 2008

pool bunny

We have a nice little pool at our apartment. Addie and I go down daily and splash around for about an hour. Sometimes the process to get ready for the pool takes longer than our time in the pool. All the sunscreen, sun hats, pool toys, towels, water bottles, stroller. Phew!

The first time in the pool Addie wasn't quite sure what to do. Now she likes to sit on the edge and play with her beach toys and then take periodic dips in the water with me. I've decided Addie is fearless because on more than one occasion she's stood up and gotten ready to just walk down the stairs into the water. I'm thrilled she's isn't afraid of the water but I have to be right next to her every second.

On the weekends we try to get some family time at the pool. Daddy and Addie play very differently in the pool than Mommy and Addie. See for yourself. (those are happy squealing-with-delight faces on Addie if you can't tell)

No comments: