Tuesday, February 19, 2008

new old cool

I'm a sucker for products that are marketed as being old fashioned. It's in my blood, I was born with the antique love in my genes. While at Target on Monday I admired a new line of environmentally concious products by JR Watkins. The natural plant-based home care products are all packaged in adorable old apothecary style bottles with cool old labels. I had absolutely no need to bring any of it home but how could I not? I NEEDED the hand soap. The scent is pleasant and it's all natural so really I'm saving the environment. Anyway, I'm a marketing team's dream come true because JR Watkins reminds me so much of my favorite skin care line C.O. Bigelow whome I originally brought home for the same reason I have new hand soap in the kitchen. Now I can't live without the No. 1055 Extra-light face lotion with chamomile and parsley extract. I guess I see that old fashioned courier font and the word "apothecary" and get all stupid. Shopping for your goodies at the chemist or apothecary is so romantic with all the brown glass bottles and herbal remedies. Then I think about all the creepy medical stuff that went on in the mid 1800's and I am glad that I get to enjoy the cuteness of that medical era in the packaging of household and personal care products marketed to yuppies like me!

No comments: