Sunday, February 17, 2008

Annapolis

Saturday was the first date Justin and I have been on alone since our anniversary last June. The last time we had approximately 2 hours to get sushi and rush home before our 4 week old newborn needed to eat again. Coincidentally we chose sushi for this date too. We dropped Addie off at Kiki and Po's house before we headed to downtown Annapolis, MD. The day was cold but sunny. The freedom of being without the responsibility of Addie made me giddy to eat, shop, and leisurely walk around like grown-ups. We held hands and ordered drinks with lunch (mine was tea but still). The sushi was delicious at Yin Yankee Cafe. We got a hot butterscotch butter brikle sundae then walked the shops so I could drool over the expensive boutique clothing. We finished up the date with a movie-in the theater-Juno. It was sweet and funny and full of pop lingo that made me feel a little bit old and very thankful I never got pregnant in high school. It was a perfect day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that you both got out and had a date! FYI I am *offically* coming on Feb 28-March 3rd or 4th. I have to still buy the ticket but, that will not be a problem...Can't wait to see you all!
Em

Megan said...

Sound like you had fun. Just let me know which bug sprays you want and I can get them for you. Also I think Lemon grass works well to ward off bugs. Don't quote on on that though. Love you and see you in 3 weeks.