Friday, November 15, 2013

baking for charity


It's been a very busy and trying week.  Aren't they all in a way? HA! Well some are definitely tougher than others and for whatever reason, this week was one of those for me.  Can I tell you how hard it is to get any work done with a two year old dictator in the house?  Not only is she in the house, she's nipping at my ankles all day long.  I love her, Lord I do. She's my precious baby and yet, she won't let me get a thing done.
My daughters also have this completely skewed view of kitchens.  Our kitchen has smelled like baked goods all week.  There are baked goods piled high on our tables.  Everywhere they look are goodies.  You want to guess how many thousand times I heard the question "Can I have one"? this week. Way too many!  Way, way too many times.

But I did it, I baked for charity!  Tomorrow, Ladytroupe Sweets will be at Salem's Ethiopia for the Fall Open House.  I'm going to be selling my goodies and donating the proceeds to a local charity.

Here's my other secret:  I'm selling my photographs for the first time tomorrow too!  I'm really nervous about it.  I've never put my photos out for display and I have no idea how it will go over but I'm doing it.  I figure, Salem's really helped me push my photography skills so it's the perfect place to display my photos and sell them for charity!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Megan said...

good luck Sara. Wish I was there to be able to support you. You will do fabulous! Enjoy.

Nomads By Nature said...

You will be awesome! Soak it all in! And my house occasionally smells of strange spices and things, but when it includes carbs and sugars the begging for 'just one' is incessant and wears thin quickly. Hubs is the worst. HA! Do you ever make 'sacrificial plates'? for the family?

Sara said...

Since ingredients are precious here I don't typically have a sacrificial plate of things I am selling unless one gets broken or is terribly ugly. I bet my girls pray I screw a couple up for them to eat.