Saturday, August 31, 2013

Continued work with Salem's Ethiopia


You may recall I was working at Salem's Ethiopia this past Spring doing the photography and design for their look book.  I wrapped up that project in May.  I loved the work so much I was a little sad to see it come to an end.  Well it just so happens that my time with Salem's is not finished.  I stopped in yesterday and was overjoyed to see the look book printed.  Holding it in my hands was surreal.  I am so pleased with how lovely the photos look.  I snapped a few photos of the book.  I wish you could see it in person.  It's just gorgeous.
Even better yet, I have a new opportunity for experience.  I've volunteered to be Salem's social media director.  I guess that's a good title for it.  I get to take all sorts of photographs (Yay!), manage their facebook page, create a blog and help plan and execute a PR event next month at the shop.  I'm really excited about this opportunity to learn from Salem, be creative and hopefully add a bit of young expat ideas to their business model.  Salem's is such a gem in Addis Ababa and Salem herself is an amazingly and kind individual.  I can't wait to bring a bit more public attention to their business in the next 10 months.

3 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

How exciting! Not only to see your work published but to be a part of something awesome!

Sara said...

Thanks so much. I am really excited about it. So happy to be leaving something beautiful behind in Ethiopia for people to see after I'm gone!

Anonymous said...

You said YES to something! You go girl!