Sunday, November 8, 2009

2009 Marine Ball

Justin and I had an awesome time at this year's Marine Ball. We went all out and got a room at the Dusit Tani hotel where the ball was held. It was our first night away from the girls and I was pretty nervous at first. I got over it after a bit and really enjoyed the evening. The girls were in good hands with Cora and Lani all night. Addie was not pleased that we weren't there when she woke up in the morning and both girls were really excited to see us the next day. All in all they did really great for the first time. Plus we were only about 10 minutes away from home.

My dress turned out great and the look definitely took a turn back about 20 years when I got my hair done. It was very 80s: big and wild. I could have cried but instead decided to pull it off and be at the forefront of a new trend. Right?! Well I pulled it off because all night I got tons of comments on the hair style. Whether you loved or hated it-it was different than everyone else. I get so sick of seeing the same thing on women when they dress formally. Might as well have fun with it! That being said, I'm still trying to decide if I love or hate the new haircut. I have fringe!!!

Justin looked awesome in his tux as he always does and didn't mind one bit toting around and 80s rock diva all night. Cocktails, dinner, dessert, the ceremony, the Marines, were all wonderful. I love spending time with Justin's colleagues. Everyone in the Embassy community is really interesting and just plain good people. Lots of living abroad experience makes for great conversation and overall well rounded people. Not to mention that everyone loves a good party. We rocked the dance floor until about 1AM. In that time Justin got on the mic and sung along with Vanilla Ice when the DJ put it on. I handed him the mic and it was history in the making just like back in 2001 at Champs when he first sang karaoke to Ice Ice Baby and won my heart. It was captured on video so when I get a copy you WILL see it too! My man knows how to cut loose and he was the life of the party as usual. We hit an after party that produced a cheeseburger and fries that did wonders at 3AM! I had very little to drink because I was trekking back to the hotel room every 4 hours to pump (no rest for this Mom) but Justin enjoyed himself! It was a great party with great friends. We loved the long date night but woke up early thinking about our girls. We couldn't wait to get home.

I took some great pics of a few other dresses Frankie de Leon made! Addie wanted her ball gown on too and was extremely disappointed when we told her she couldn't come to the ball with us. One of my new friends SaraTeal was the IT color. We looked like a wedding party.My girlfriends Sunny and Jenny! Both beautiful Mamas.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Sara,
You look stunning. Ditto for you JT.
XOXO

Elyse said...

You guys both look great! I am sure you had a blast. JW, I can't believe you piked Ice Ice Baby over Bye Bye Bye...I guess my wedding meant nothing to you! ;)