Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Honolulu Zoo

For Rachel's birthday she requested the zoo...just kidding. We went for the kiddies, Addie mostly. Riley hung out in the Baby Bijorn the entire zoo trip and just watched the world go by like the angel she truly is. Addie got to experience the zoo hands on with her Mommy and Kiki! We saw monkeys, reptiles, elephants, and fish. They had a little children's zoo which was just the right speed for Addie. She got to see animals up close and personal. Even petting a few. The zoo experienced completely zonked Addie out for the rest of the day but it was worth it. I love seeing the excitement in her eyes when she sees an animal in person that we've pointed out in books or talked about. We had a little run-in with the peacocks during lunch time. One almost snatched a piece of sandwich out of my hands. Rachel and I were both a little concerned about our girls fingers and the beak of the peacock. I strutted my Mommy feathers and shooed it away. I guess that's a hazard you gotta watch out for. Going to the zoo just girls was one of my favorite memories from our vacation.
This picture you can see how excited Addie was to be sitting on the cow. What you can't see is that there is a sign on the cow that says "no sitting". Leave it to Kiki to break the rules for her granddaughter's happiness!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Sarah, It looks and sounds like Hawaii was a great time had by all.
I love your blog. Aunt Terry