Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adelaide Updates

Since I bummed everyone out including myself with the last post I'll now get back to the stuff everyone really wants to hear about...Adelaide Rose.

Our little baby is now officially a toddler. Here are a few of the new things she does:

- Climb everything, couch, chairs, toys, baskets, thanks to Gymboree
- She's become a bit more picky at mealtimes. She still likes broccoli and asparagus but generally is choosier about what goes in her mouth. Crazily she loves black olives like her Aunt Rachel
- Talks! Addie says Mama, Dada, Lucy, baby, ball, this, fish, puppy (or doggy it's tough to tell), up, yaya, bye bye, Hi, and a few more words that are her made up language to communicate with us.

- Yesterday she repeated me when I said "so cool" she also blurted out "oh wow" while we were reading a book.
- Makes up her own little games with her toys- adorable and I love watching her while she plays.

- Runs! Loves going down the slides at the park and climbing the stairs mostly by herself.

- Favorite playtime activity is reading books and looking at the pictures. She hands them to me and Justin to read and flips through the pictures. She points out the animals in the pictures. We do this off and on for hours during the day and before bed. I'll also point out that when Daddy gets home from work he takes over for story telling. She prefers him to read them aloud. Who wouldn't though with that great Daddy voice.

- At bedtime she now likes to skip being rocked and sung to and prefers to go straight to bed (I cried the first time this happened!) she reaches her arm out for her crib while I'm kissing her goodnight.

- Dances, while this is not a new thing for Addie she's now got some new moves that involve picking up her feet and waving her arms. We love catching her dancing to music.

- Rocks and sings to her baby doll. She kisses her and gives her sips from her sippy cups. Baby even gets to share her goldfish crackers at snack-time.

- Loves rough housing with her Daddy. As you can see in the pictures Justin is just as excited as Addie that she's getting sturdy enough to play big kid games like "horsey" with her Dad.

- Loves Oreos (well they're actually Trader Joe's all natural version but exactly the same). And if you are curious she immediately takes the two cookies pieces apart and scrapes off the filling on the inside with her teeth.

- Addie's clearly growing. Her hair is getting so long in back and most of her baby fat rolls on her legs are melting away. There is still one little crease that won't budge and I'm secretly hoping that one little baby roll hangs around for a while longer. She's got a mouth-full of teeth and molars to chew with.

- I could go on and on. My baby girl is not a baby any longer. Everyday there is a moment that melts my heart. Most of the time it's when she throws her arms around my neck for a voluntary hug or when she touches her nose to mine in a sweet little Mommy-Daughter eye contact moment which I'd like to believe is her way of telling me she loves me.


2 comments:

Megan said...

Sara- So sweet. Sounds like though the honeymoon is over there are many things to be thankful for. These tid bits are so gerat. ic annot believe how grown up she is. Love you and miss you all.
-Megan

Kristin said...

That's sad, but super exciting at the same time! I love your hair that length by the way.