Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the great mundane day


Veteran's Day was wonderfully ordinary for us. We went to Trader Joe's, grabbed lunch at Panera, and stopped at Border's for some books. I picked my new read; Perfect Madness by Judith Warner. I love it already and I'm only 15 pages in. Addie gets a new book every time we go to a bookstore so this trip we nabbed The Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown. I don't enjoy the illustrations as well as Goodnight Moon but the story is classic and rhyming. Addie loves it! While Addie was napping late in the afternoon I rested my eyes for what seemed to be an hour. Unfortunately Justin informed me that it had only been 15 minutes since I fell asleep. I guess that's what happens when you are a mom. I woke in a panic thinking about all the stuff I still had to do that day. No rest for the weary. The rest of the evening was spent feeding Addie her first prunes, laundry, making enchiladas for dinner, bath time, bedtime, a Sublime Ice Cream Sandwich from Trader Joe's (heavenly), and crashing in bed.


Both pictures are from the greatest bookstore in existence Powell's Books. The online store is awesome but the Burnside location (Powell's City of Books) in Portland, Oregon is unlike anything you've ever seen. It's a bookworm's dream come true. It's a four story, full city block of books. We are already salivating at the thought of making the trip to Powell's when we visit my folks for Christmas.

No comments: