Wednesday, November 7, 2012

every evening


On any given evening the girls are running out the front door at the same time they are shoveling the last bite of their dinner in their mouths.  

It's our evening routine of enjoying the setting sun.  The air gets cooler and the sky starts changing colors.  The day is winding down but before bedtime all three of my girls get in an extra forty minutes of playtime outside.  Each and every one of them is completely filthy from chalk drawings, mud pies, running around barefoot and playing with Lucy and the cats. 
It's my favorite time of the day.  I love watching the last bit of their energy expended in chasing each other and laughing.  When the sunlight fades along with their sunshiny dispositions; we all stomp up the stairs to jump in the bath and wash the grime away.  

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

You can tell how happy your sweet girls are. I love how active Ashlynn is!

Anonymous said...

I love this post, this reminds me so much of the kinds of memories my sister and I were making when we were just a few years old than your girls, running all over our neighborhood, staying out until dark playing. What beautiful memories those nights will make for both you guys and your girls!