Monday, May 21, 2012

Chinese food in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

The Chinese have staked their claim in Ethiopia with investments as they are doing in the rest of the world right now. Shoddy Chinese built roads are going up everywhere which begs the question; Are shoddy roads in Addis Ababa better than no roads?  That's besides the point, because what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful for the Chinese presence here if the only truly good thing they bring to Addis is their food.

Chinese take-out is pretty good ("Addis good" is what we call it-mediocre tasting if we were in America but since we aren't; it's pretty tasty).  We've found a place close to the house where lots of Chinese people eat.  It's a nice reprieve from cooking every night.  The past two weekends I've braced myself to feel tummy troubles a few days after eating this Chinese.  Luckily I haven't felt crummy yet so that's a good thing.  It will be nice to live in a country some day when indigestion can just be indigestion and not make me worry about the beginnings of some nasty parasite.




Our Asian babies love it our new Chinese take-out meal!

3 comments:

iffatali said...

At each of these northern posts there were interesting experiences in store for me, as one who had read all the books of northern travel and dreamed for half a lifetime of the north; and that was – almost daily meeting with famous men.
Flights to Kathmandu
Cheap Flights to Kathmandu
Cheap Air Tickets to Kathmandu

Unknown said...

What is the name of the restaurant?

Unknown said...

Hello, my family and I live in Addis Ababa right now and we have been looking for a Chinese restaurant! Is this JinLong? And, what did you order there for take out? We are not able to find an online menu.

Thank you!!! We love your Blog!