Monday, January 23, 2012

Ashlynn Olivia Update




Ashlynn is over 3 months old now. She's reaching out for objects I hold in front of her. If she grips them she can move it to her mouth to chew on. She's soothing her self with her thumb here and there when the pacifier falls out of her mouth and she's too tired to cry out for me to come put it back in. She's still a good nurser which is new for me. At this point with my other two I was pumping full time. I'm definitely getting more sleep this way since nursing her takes about 10 minutes or less and she's back to sleep. I'm not missing the middle of the night pumping sessions and then lying awake for another 30-40 minutes trying to fall back asleep afterwards. Nursing Ash is sweet. I like the convenience of it and mostly the closeness of it. It's nice to be forced to sit down and pause during my busy days. Sometimes I huff and puff about having to stop what I am doing to breast feed, but the moment I sit down with Ashlynn to nurse I feel happy and content. Everything else in the world can just wait! I have been trying to pump at least once a day to have a freezer supply in case I get a parasite which causes me to pump and dump during the medication. Fingers crossed this never happens and if it does hopefully not until my freezer is full of milk.
Ashlynn is a good sleeper at night. Some nights she nurses every 2-4 hours and other nights she sleeps a huge chunk. Last night she slept for 7 hours straight! Amazing. Since she's a good sleeper she's a pretty good napper and therefore she's a happy active baby. Every single day I have a moment when I look at Ashlynn and thank my lucky stars that I get to be a Mommy for the third time. She's such a precious little girl and I'm so blessed. When the day is long or something isn't going quite right it's nice to snuggle my warm soft baby and the world is right again.

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

Amen to that! I am so thankful you have a wonderful third little girl too. I miss the closeness of nursing. Over Christmas I got pneumonia and had to pump and dump for 2 weeks...he stopped nursing and now I pump full time. Glad she is a good sleeper, she sounds like a fun little girl. Hugs to you all!

Kristin said...

You and Justin sure make the most beautiful girls! You guys are going to have to fight off all those boys that will be lining up for your girls!