Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas craft complete

Remember when I was inspired by Etsy Christmas crafts. I had aspirations of hand crafting Christmas garlands for all my family members in time for them to hang them in their own homes this year. Realistically, that was a bit of a pipe dream. I just finished one garland for our home and it took a bit to get the method and supplies correct. I worked little by little on the craft in the evenings after the girls were in bed. There are always a million things I need to accomplish when the girl are asleep so it took me a long time to finish this. The other garlands will probably be created after the new year when I get some free time and unfortunately too late for everyone to enjoy this year. We don't have a mantel, a grand arched doorway or even a nice banister to hang this from so on to the boring white wall it went. Not too shabby. I like the more modern Christmas paper I found here in Manila. I especially love the black and white addition to the more traditional red and green patterns.

3 comments:

Bfiles said...

this is amazing!!!!

Terry said...

Very nice Sara. Between your garland and Kris's Christmas cards, I am in awe of all the talent, not to mention patience, there is in the family.

Rachel said...

I love the garland. I wish I was crafty enough to do that. I definitely don't have the patience!