Monday, August 23, 2010

success

My successes used to be measured by very different criteria. Now, they are measured by things like; how few toys are on the floor at the end of the day, how little mess is in the kitchen when I finally call it quits in the evening, when there are no new bruises on the littlest girls' head, or if Addie gets through the night without a nightmare.

Yesterday, I considered the entire day a success because between the hour of 3:30PM and 4:30PM not only did I make dinner for my family, but I answered an important question my 3 year old very dramatically came into the kitchen and asked me.

"Mommy, how do fairy princesses fly?"

I then demonstrated for her exactly how they fly. And she bought it. We flew around the kitchen together. And then she ate her dinner!

Success.

No comments: